Since graduating from Caen University in 2002 with a Specialized Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology, Julie Péron has consistently striven to combine clinical practice and scientific research.
Julie Péron is currently Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences at the University of Geneva, and Clinical Neuropsychologist at the Adult Neurology Department of University Hospitals of Geneva.
She was a member of the Board (2015-2016) and the Commission for Continuing Education (2015-2019) of the Swiss Association of Neuropsychologists (ASNP). In 2016, she was granted the title of specialist in neuropsychology by the Swiss Federation of Psychologists (FSP). In 2018, she had the honour of becoming a member of the Humanities Division of France Parkinson’s Scientific Committee.
She published more than 50 peer reviewed articles in international scientific journals in psychology and neuropsychology about the dynamics of behavioural control, emotional modulation of cognition-action loops and the way these processes can be relevant to the understanding of brain and cerebellar disorders as well as neuropsychiatric pathologies (Parkinson’s disease, obsessive compulsive disorders, major depression, schizophrenia, etc.).
Researcher ID. C-5658-2013
ORCID ID. 0000-0002-6579-4011
Licences to practice
- 2016: Accreditation from the Swiss Association of Neuropsychologists (titre de psychologue spécialisée en neuropsychologie FSP)
- 2015: Accreditation from the Federation of Swiss Psychologists (titre de Psychologue-FSP)
- 2014: Licence to practice in Geneva (droits de pratiques à titre indépendant, Canton de Genève)
- 2002: Licence to practice in Europe (ADELI registration no.: 359303815)
- Since 2016: Clinical neuropsychologist (40%), Neurology Dpt, University Hospitals of Geneva
- 2002-2009: Clinical neuropsychologist (100%), Neurology Dpt, University Hospital of Rennes
- 2001-2002: Internship in Neuropsychology (100%), Neurology Dpt, University Hospital of Rennes
- since 2018: Senior Lecturer (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche) – 40% – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences – University of Geneva, CH
- since 2017: Senior Lecturer (Chargée de cours) – 20%- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences – University of Geneva, CH
- 2013-2018: Research and Teaching Fellow (Maître-assistante) – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences – University of Geneva, CH
- 2009-2013: Postdoctoral Researcher – NCCR Affective Sciences – University of Geneva, CH
- 2000-2001: Teaching assistant – Faculty of Psycholog, University of Rennes, France
Awards and honours
- 2011 : Young Investigator Award of the Brittany Regional Council (France) (prize awarded by 1987 Chemistry Nobel Prize winner J.-M. Lehn.
- 2010: Alain Agniel Prize of the French-Speaking Neuropsychological Society.
- 2009: Society for Neuroscience (SfN): SfN Hot Topics 2009 – selected with 500 others, out of a total of 18,000 submissions at theannual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Chicago, USA.
- 2008: American Academy of Neurology: Future of Neuroscience – 60th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, Chicago, USA.
- 2007: Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Society: Highlighted posters – XIth International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, Istanbul, Turkey.