Damien Benis is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Psychology at the University of the Geneva. He got his PhD in Neuroscience from Grenoble University, France. During his PhD he studied the role of the subthalamic in inhibition, combining behavioural measures and intracerebral recordings in Parkinson’s disease patients. Currently he is working on a series of projects on the functional specialization and integration of the basal ganglia in human emotion with the support of a Swiss National Fundation Project grant.
Peer-reviewed publications in international scientific journals
- Benis, D., Haegelen, C. Voruz, P., Pierce, J., Milesi, V., Houvenaghel, JF., Vérin, M., Sauleau, P., Grandjean, D., & Péron, J. (Accepted) Subthalamic nucleus oscillations during vocal emotion processing are dependent of the motor asymmetry of Parkinson’s disease. Neuroimage.
- Benis D, David O, Piallat B, Kibleur A, Goetz L, Bhattacharjee M, Fraix V, Seigneuret E, Krack P, Chabardès S, Bastin J, (2016) Response inhibition rapidly increases single-neuron responses in the subthalamic nucleus of patients with Parkinson’s disease, CORTEX , doi:10.1016/j.cortex.2016.09.006.
- Bastin, J., Deman, D., David O., Maëlle Gueguen, Damien Benis, Lorella Minotti, Dominique Hoffman, Etienne Combrisson, Jan Kujala, Marcela Perrone-Bertolotti, Philippe Kahane, Jean-Philippe Lachaux and Karim Jerbi. (2016). Direct Recordings from Human Anterior Insula Reveal its Leading Role within the Error-Monitoring Network. Cerebral Cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991), 1–13. http://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhv352
- Bastin J, Polosan M, Benis D, Goetz L, Bhattacharjee M, Piallat B, Krainik A, Bougerol T, Chabardes S, David O (2014) Inhibitory control and error monitoring by human subthalamic neurons. Transl Psychiatry 4:e439 Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/tp.2014.73.
- Bastin J., Vidal J. R., Bouvier S., Perrone-Bertolotti M., Benis D., Kahane P., David O., et al. (2013). Temporal components in the parahippocampal place area revealed by human intracerebral recordings. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Benis D., David O., Lachaux J.-P., Seigneuret E., Krack P., Fraix V., Chabardès S., Bastin J., et al. (2013). Subthalamic nucleus activity dissociates proactive and reactive inhibition in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Neuroimage.